Coconut Oil – A Must Have Beauty Ingredient
Coconut oil is everywhere you look; health food stores, pharmacies, grocery stores and every second market stall. But there is no denying that there is something special about coconut oil. It’s health benefits are numerous, it’s antibacterial and anti-fungal, helps burn fat, improve blood cholesterol levels and boost brain function. No wonder it’s been classed as a “superfood”
But you don’t need to consume the oil to take advantage of its benefits, it can be topically applied and is the reason why it’s fast becoming one of the “must have” beauty ingredients today. Here are just a few of the beauty benefits you can achieve from home using organic virgin coconut oil.
- Massage a few tablespoons of oil into your hair and leave overnight to penetrate deep into the hair shaft to hydrate dry damaged hair.
- Full of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, massaging the oil into your scalp for 5 minutes, letting it sit 10-15 minutes and shampoo thoroughly, you can say goodbye to dry scalp and dandruff.
- Brush on daily for longer, darker and healthier looking lashes.
- Combine some sea salt to the some oil and use as an all over body scrub, removing dead skin cells and leaving your skin hydrated, soft and smooth.
- Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream will help smooth hair follicles for a closer, smoother shave.
- Get an all over glow by massaging coconut oil into your whole body. Add some mica for extra sparkle.
- Rub coconut oil into your feet and remove dry flaky areas with a pumice stone. For a more intense foot treatment apply a generous amount of coconut oil and put on a pair of old socks. In the morning, your feet will look and feel soft and smooth.
- To strengthen nails and prevent pesky hangnails, massage oil into the nails, cuticles and fingertips.
- For sensational glossy lips, dab a small amount of oil on your lips. It will also help hydrate them too.
- Apply a little coconut oil to areas affected by eczema 3 or 4 times per day. It’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties helps to calm and sooth the skin.
- Packed full of antioxidants, a few drops of the oil added to some Aloe Vera gel makes a great after-sun lotion, soothing sunburnt skin.
Now, there is probably a hundred more amazing beauty uses for coconut oil so if you have one why not share it with us.