There is nothing more relaxing than to immerse yourself in a hot bath after a long tiring day and a detox bath is a perfect one if you are in need of mind and body relaxation. A detox bath helps relax your mind, cleanse your body, and support different systems in your body. It also makes the skin smooth. It also contributes to improving the health and removes toxins from the body.
Taking a detoxifying bath on a regular basis is a natural and healthy way to improve health and well-being if you struggle with toxins or skin issues. Detoxifying the body through a bath is an old remedy that we can easily perform at home. Apart from the relaxing effect of a bath, our body and especially our skin benefit from the contribution of the minerals contained in the salts.
3 Natural Detox Bath Recipes Cleanse, Relax & Rejuvenate Mind and Body
1. Salt Detox Bath Recipe
• Sea or Himalayan Salt – 1/4 cup
• The Epsom Salt – ¼ cup
• Baking Soda – 1/4 cup
• Apple Cider Vinegar – 1/3 cup
• Any essential oil – 5-10 drops (optional)
Salt Detox Bath Instructions
• Add baking soda and Epsom salt in a quart size jar.
• Fill the tub with hot water and apple cider vinegar.
• Add essential oils if using and pour salt mixture in.
• Soak in it for 30 minutes, or as long you want.
Note: always keep in mind that you may feel tired or lightheaded when you get out of detox bath. I never recommend you take this bath if you’re planning to go out or you’re home alone. This bath is perfect for boosting magnesium levels, soothing skin irritation, and overall detoxing. The addition of Epsom salt in this detox bath was inspired by the famous listerine foot soak recipe that featured Epsom and Listerine combo to heal cracked heels. Epsom salt helps our body to flush out toxins, magnesium relaxes muscles, and sulfate helps in detoxification. Using these salts for bathing may replenish the levels of minerals through the absorption of minerals and nutrients that the salts of Epsom, yogurt powder, and moringa oil provide us.
2. Clay Detox Bath Recipe
• Epsom salt – ½ cup
• Bentonite clay – ½ cup
• Any essential oil – optional
Clay Detox Bath Instructions
Take the Epsom salt and dissolve it in warm water and, if necessary, add the essential oil of your choice. There are two options for the clay:
1. Take a small amount of water and vigorously mix the clay in it until the lumps dissolve smoothly. Using metal to do this is prohibited! Use a plastic spoon to mix in a glass jar. Add the clay mix to the bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
2. Make a paste by mixing clay with some water. Fill the tub with water and stand in it and rub the paste on your body so you can make a skin mask and wait for it to dry for 5 minutes before you sit down. This will provide the clay a direct contact with your skin and will effectively pull all the toxins from the skin. Make sure that you soak in it for 20 minutes or as long as want. Make sure that you use a wash cloth to remove all the clay from your body while soaking.
• Drink plenty of water before, during and after a bath
• Detox bath should not be done daily.
• If you have any health conditions or are pregnant then consult a doctor.
• Be careful when entering and leaving the bathtub, the ingredients become slippery
• Try dry brushing before a bathtub, which will help you get rid of dead cells and improve circulation.
3. Recipe For Oxygen Detox Bath
• Hydrogen Peroxide – 2 or more cups
• Dried Ginger Powder – 1 Tablespoon
Oxygen Detox Bath Instructions
- Fill the tub with hot/warm water and the next add hydrogen peroxide and dry ginger.
- Soak in the tub for 30 mins or as long as possible.
- This bath is particularly useful during illness because ginger helps eliminate congestion or eliminate pain in the body. It can also be useful for skin irritation or allergies.
Additional Detox Bath Notes
- Warmer water is better because it has more powerful detox effect.
- Make sure that you add a few tablespoons of bentonite clay If you have fluoride or chlorine in your water; they will help in absorbing the chemicals, so the skin doesn’t absorb them.
- All these natural ingredients can be used alone or in combination for a cleansing effect.
- Detox bath should not be done daily.
- Be careful when entering and leaving the bathtub, the ingredients become slippery.
- Try dry brushing before a bathtub, which will help you get rid of dead cells and improve circulation.
Although Epsom salts are presumed safe for anyone, those with blood pressure problems should consult their physician before using them regularly, as they may have some effect on blood pressure levels. Also keep in mind that some people may be sensitive to certain essential oils, so be careful how many you use in your baths.
Ever taken a detox bath? Got a different recipe you use? Share below!