There are many ways to keep your skin youthful and good-looking and age shouldn’t have to be a constant denominator. One of the best ways is by taking care of skin around your eyes. When under eye bags and dark circles have become well-rooted in this area, however, don’t be too worried when you haven’t even started out addressing your dark, buggy eye problems.
Why are you getting eye bags and dark circles?
These eye skin issues are not caused by just one isolated factor but rather, by an interplay of several factors that are making your eyes look puffy and pigmented.
Both dark circles and puffy eyes can be caused by tired eyes. Sometimes, simply taking a break, most especially taking a break from staring at the blue light on your laptop or mobile can help relax the puffing. Eye bags can also be caused by poor diet.
Dark circles, however, may be caused by more complex factors, that is, involving leaking fluids getting stuck around your eyes. When this fluid is unable to circulate and most especially if it includes blood, the pigment of the blood dries up and colors the surface of your eyes, first turning it into purple then into black.
Claiming back your beautiful eyes
Below are 7 ways by which you can claim your youthful, glorious, bright eyes back:
- Keep your eyes well lubricated. Do not permit to go for prolonged periods with dry eyes. If your work requires you to do a lot of screen time, keep a moisturizing eyedropper by your desk drawer. Feel free to moisturize your eyes every time you feel it’s dry or tired. Look away or give yourself an excuse to leave your desk for a while and to stop staring at your computer screen.
- Exfoliate.It is possible to get eye skin problems if you don’t exfoliate regularly. Stimulate skin renewal and turnover by using an exfoliating solution. Always go for exfoliants that contain the highly effective but mild alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) such as glycolic acid, citric acid, and lactic acid. Follow directions carefully and never exfoliate every day. You may also choose to use an exfoliating brush to eliminate dead skin cells and impurities from the skin’s top layer.
- Use an eye cream. An eye cream can help you depuff your bulging under eyes and the dark skin surrounding it. Look for an eye cream that contains antioxidants, most especially Vitamins B3, C and E, skin brightening ingredients such as licorice, kojic acid or citrus fruits, skin-rebuilding ingredients like ceramides or aloe vera, and even peptides to help turn over skin cells and renew the surface layer. Some good eye serum like Erase & Tone Instant Eye Lift will help your eyes look beautiful.
- Seek professional help.When you’ve tried every single home remedy, DIY concoctions, and home-based treatments and can still hardly see any improvement in your eye bags and dark circles, consider going in for a professional consultation. Some of your top in-office choices are:
- Chemical Peels. Your skincare specialist will decide on the best possible course of treatment for you. These procedures are highly effective in turning over the skin.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing. Aided by laser light, damaged patches of skin, including where hyperpigmentation appear, are deliberately and systematically heated and burned so that new, undamaged skin can grow in its place.
- Dermal Fillers. These are facial injections designed to even out the skin tone around your eyes.
- Botox. This can come in useful when circles literally drain big holes around your eyes. Botox will plump up the sunken skin to improve your skin tone.
- Vitamin K injections or creams. Facilitate blood clotting so that stuck blood may be immediately eliminated from the body.
- Blepharoplasty. Where improvements don’t seem to be occurring even with non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures, there must be something wrong with the physiology of your eye itself. There are cases wherein the fat or skin around the eyes are in excess, causing the area to bulge. In which case, this surgical procedure is the only potent treatment option.
- Eat a healthier diet.Avoid processed foods and foods high in sodium which cause fluid retention.
- Exercise.Be physically active even in the performance of your daily routines.
- Lie down and shut your eyes.Your body needs the refreshing reset which only a good night’s sleep can give.
Under eye bags and dark circles are not as easily gotten rid of when you are unwilling to make big changes to your lifestyle too.